Marantz SA-8260 Modifications Page

Ok, I bought a relatively cheap SCD XE-670 from someone's attick. I transplanted the KHM230AAA (30 minutes of work) and my SA17-S1 is back to life immediately.
It has the same DSP/Servo board as the SA8260. It is just the multichannel version of that player.
So far so good.

Ok, I bought a relatively cheap SCD XE-670 from someone's attick. I transplanted the KHM230AAA (30 minutes of work) and my SA17-S1 is back to life immediately.
It has the same DSP/Servo board as the SA8260. It is just the multichannel version of that player.
So far so good.

Yes, good to read this.
A lot of players, mostly Sony's of 2000-2005 vintage used this laser transport. The trick is to find someone's old player that got put in a closet years ago.

SA-17 was once described as an SA-8260 on steroids. BTW, they are both designed as multichannel players.

Hi Steve, my SA-8260 seems to have the TOC read error problem as it will not play SACD discs just plays only the CD discs. Please could you send me some instruction to fix the player. I did not find any servo adjustment on the board, just the current trimmers on the pickup.

Thank you!

Ditto... Can you send me the SA8260 fix? I noticed that my player might be a motor failure. If I open the unit up and press play I get the TOC error. The CD doesn't quite spin up to speed. If I give it a little faster spin, the CD reads okay. Have you noticed this? i was thinking of replacing the little motor (MABUCHI RF-320CH-12400 DC 6V-12V 9V Micro 24mm Spindle Motor 22mm Long Shaft) as it seems to be readily available on eBay. What do you think?