Revox B 226 S, problem to opening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo everybody!
I'm a new member on this forum from today, i'm from Spain, y name is Abraham amb i'm a passionate from sound and music.
I have slowly been compiling my home audio system, mostly equipped Revox, I really like this brand.
I have a notion to electronic and repair elements, in to my limitations!!

Now, i have a problem with a oppening in my Revox b 226 S.
When I give the order to open or close the tray respond but before reaching the end of its run total is like a continuous madness endless moves forward and backward in small and fast movements, only I help you with my hand ends slighly end. The same applies to the order to close.
All other functions manually when I get open and put the cd works perfectly.

attached a picture were you can see that view from the front, to the left is a wheel-guide where there is a groove but no gum, do not know if there should be, to the right if it is!

I would appreciate if someone can help me on how to repair this!

thank you very much

Attachments

• la foto 1.JPG
    la foto 1.JPG
    769.8 KB · Views: 184
  • la foto 4.JPG
    la foto 4.JPG
    564.1 KB · Views: 173
That wheel, as memory serves, is just a guide wheel, but should have a rubber o-ring or belt around it as a pad/traction device. I don't quite recall if the lack of it will cause your symptom. The B226/226-S uses a gearhead motor with a cogged fabric/rubber belt, similar to an engine timing belt, so there is no chance of a belt slippage fault. The most common fault on these loading mechs is cracking of the cast metal guide track frame, causing obstacles for the tray guide rollers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.