Peter van Willenswaard's DAC??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi rfbrw; Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the question I asked and then it came to me, another mental lapse must be aging or something. Yea all that is needed is to invert the LRclk(1 ninv +1 inv signal). I'm not sure in your circuit why you delayed the LRclk. I've had to the exact same type of mod, going from one bit rate to the other and I just put the 164 in the data line and clocked the 164 with the Sclk(bit clk) and it works just great. I've had my system like this for years.
I've never thought about going without a dig filter. What changes to the analog filter are needed. My setup is unconventional as it is. I run dual dacs( AD's current output) in diff mode directly into two channels( bridged power amp basically) setup in diff mode as well. The amp I designed specifically for this arrangement, balanced i/ps on the pwramps to match the load required for the dacs etc. Single(common) feedback grnd return for both halves.
Actually I was thinking about trying out BB's DF1704(not sure how good it is) because it has the dig volume control in it. Right how I use a variable bit shifting setup for level control. Works great except the steps in level are alittle big. Anyway we won't get into this discussion about bit shifting and the pros and cons and how it affects the sound crap, I know alot are on the con side so they can keep their analog controls.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.