How to adjust Kwak clock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Kwakclock7_zpse75334c8.gif

Do I adjust it for Zero volts out?

Not exactly a low noise design, Colpitts for a low noise oscilator without any amplitude limiting?

Buttler or Driscoll with a series mode rock would be better (Much lower phase noise), or possibly something based on Chris Bartram GW4DGUs work on low noise vhf oscilators for microwave comms.

Also hit Wenzels site for some tricks to finesse supply noise issues.

Regards, Dan.

Thanks for the reply,I had a pcb from Kwak laying around,and I have a Hiface EVO USB 2 spdif with external clock input.So I thought I test it and I made a PSU from a 2x12v trafo and a pos/neg lodroputregs.I havent yet tested the clock on EVO (Waiting on a BNC plug)
Where in this chain would the finesse fit in.After the Preregs or after the regulators on the
Kwak board?

I got the clock working on the EVO but songs plays in the wrong pitch so I should have used a 22.xxxx x-tal.
I discovered that the signal was 3v before the 47ohm resistor at output but under 2,5v after so I shorted it....
Althow the LED didn´t light on the EVO the files played faster.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.