Philips CD100 voltage change from 220V to 120V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Fellas:
I have a Philips CD100 CD Player just arrived from England. It is set at 220V AC voltage.
The transformer should have tapped primaries to allow connection to 120V.
I removed the plastic cover on one side and it revealed a small circuit board with a fuse. There are also a couple of unused transformer connections on one side but they are unmarked.
The opposite side of the transformer has a similar plastic cover but that one won't come out easily, apparently requiring the large torx screws securing the transformer to be removed.

If anybody has specific instructions on how to change the AC mains voltage, that would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8701.JPG
    IMG_8701.JPG
    866.1 KB · Views: 115
Send me a PM with your E-mail adr. and I will send you the Service manual. Unfortunately only in German but it will tell you how to on page 14.
It also tells you to change the fuse from 160 mA 220v setting to 315 mA 120 volt setting

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.