Who stacked PCM63 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
....and did some measurements...listening....

And has some...thoughts, ideas, advice etc? ;)

I liked PCM63 a lot. This is AN DAC3 if I can remember correctly. It sounded kind-of ok with single DAC; staking them required few changes and adjustments... The stacked sound was much better, faster, more detailed with much better low and high extension.

Boky

Attachments

• DSC00005_small.jpg
    DSC00005_small.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 207
I liked PCM63 a lot. This is AN DAC3 if I can remember correctly. It sounded kind-of ok with single DAC; staking them required few changes and adjustments... The stacked sound was much better, faster, more detailed with much better low and high extension.

Boky

Thanks a lot! Nice implementation...straight on top or some pins independently connected to the board?

Did any measurements?

We ran paralleled PCM63s on Sheldon Stokes Tubed dac design many years ago. The way we did this was exactly as you have done. However, later on we found out that this isn't the best way. We attach some info we got from the Internet on the proper way to parallel the PCM63. We have not tried this method as we now use PCM1704s in our projects.

Cheers,
David

Attachments

• PCM63.doc
    131.5 KB · Views: 140
We ran paralleled PCM63s on Sheldon Stokes Tubed dac design many years ago. The way we did this was exactly as you have done. However, later on we found out that this isn't the best way. We attach some info we got from the Internet on the proper way to parallel the PCM63. We have not tried this method as we now use PCM1704s in our projects.

Cheers,
David

Hi, I saw this information in the topic on the forum. Thanks for collecting and psoting it in the document!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.