SWAPPING CDM-1 FOR CDM-0 IN PHILIPS CD-101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2013, 06:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default SWAPPING CDM-1 FOR CDM-0 IN PHILIPS CD-101

I swapped the CDM-! transport in my Philips cd101 with a CDM-0. The swap went smooth. Player played for a few tracks then blew a fuse. And it won't stop blowing the fuse. Anyone know why it might be doing this. Also the heat sink gets awfully hot. Could it be a bad ground? Thanks in advance.
Old 30th June 2013, 08:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

bump
Old 1st July 2013, 12:32 PM   #3
oshifis is offline oshifis  Hungary
diyAudio Member

CDM-0 and CDM-1 are compatible. There are many variants, but the external connections are the same. I found the manual at the hifiengine site.
Which fuse is blown, which heatsink is hot? There might be a short in the +12V or -12V rails. You can try disconnecting the turntable motor to see if its associated circuit has a short. Maybe you can transplant the PCBs one-by-one from the CDM-1 to the CDM-0 or vice versa, keeping the known good part: mechanism with swingarm, laser diode, laser PCB, turntable motor PCB with the motor. I think all they are interchangeable between CDM-0 and CDM-1. Only difference is the diecast CDM-1 vs. the steel plate CDM-0 chassis.

Hide this!Advertise here!