Problem with Onkyo DX-7310

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My DX-7310 is having a problem. At its best, it can only play for few seconds then the spindle motor stopped. The VFD still indicates where it stopped. At this point, it can't play anymore, but the open/close tray function is still working. I have to restart the power so that it 'may' load and play for another few seconds. Here is what I have done or observed.

1. Laser pickup is KSS-240A. Has been replaced with new one, but no help.
2. There is no problem with power supply (5V and 7V). I even tried external power without success.
3. Follow the service manual and found the reset IC's (M51943ASL) output is only 2.5~2.7V with bizarre square wave in it.

Any suggestions?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The reset IC should generate a clean logic level on its output. If there is "something else" there then you have isolate the reset generator output pin and test again. Its possible something is "driving" the reset line such as a faulty IC or even something like spillage.

It can only be one of those two possibilities :)

The reset IC should generate a clean logic level on its output. If there is "something else" there then you have isolate the reset generator output pin and test again. Its possible something is "driving" the reset line such as a faulty IC or even something like spillage.
It can only be one of those two possibilities :)

Thanks for reply. The reset IC is isolated and tested with 5V reading (100% working). It turns out the signal processor CXD2500BQ consumed 60ma current on reset pin itself which lower down the voltage. It also appears that the reset pin has just 33 ohms resistance to the ground. I guess the CXD2500BQ is gone. I will try to get one!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.