Philips CD960 Belt change

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys.

So I'm dismantling my CD960 to do a belt change. Do any of you guys have the service manual?
Or, how does one do the belt swap the easiest way?

Another question:
The metal hinge (see picture) does it tap into the plastic bushing as in the picture? I accidently dismounted it without paying attention:magnify:

It's located on the tray left side as seen from the front.

/Thomas

Attachments

• CD960_hinge_1.jpg
    CD960_hinge_1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Belt is "jumping"

So, after I've been changing belts on the CD960, one belt "jumps" (see picture) when the CD-tray travels from open to closed and vise versa.

After I'd dismounted the transport cord (the grey steel wire) to make the belt change, I've been having a hard time making the CD-tray run smoothly.

Maybe I've winded the transport cord the wrong way, but according to the manual it looks right:confused:

It should be noted that the belt only jumps whem the transport cord is mounted!

/Thomas

Attachments

• CD960_belt.jpg
    CD960_belt.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
It looks to me like there's a problem "downstream" from the belts that is causing the problem, the belts look fine. I noticed that the place where the belt "slips" is consistantly in the same spot for both strokes in the cycle. I'd take the drive belt off and run the mechanism through a complete cycle by hand. I think you'll find a spot at about half-way through where the effort increases, possibly from component wear or misalignment.

Mike

Presumably the cord should be wound such that when viewed from above it doesn't cross. It should have been designed with the top run of the cord on the inside, but I don't know which way round they actually did it.

Remove the inner belt and operate by hand. You might be able to feel where it's sticking.

The clip attaching the cord to the tray appears to be catching on the belt or the small end of the drive wheel.

Is it driven on just one side? If so then sideways clearance in tray bearings is important. Too slack and it can grab, too tight and it will drag.

Thanks for the input guys!

I think that I've found the intruder. The cord arm rides on the inner belt when CD tray travels across it

Now I just need to address the manual on how to adjust the CD tray height.

/Thomas

Attachments

• CD960_belt_1.jpg
    CD960_belt_1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.