DAB Radio Seperate - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th June 2013, 08:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DAB Radio Seperate

Not having seen an article on the forums here about DAB radio projects, I have decided to make my own DAB radio seperate, I think that ones you can buy are vastly over priced, also the actual audio quality is poor so the audio circuits needed don't need to very good. However, I will be using an old Class A headphone amp I have for the output stage. The DAB radio I chose for the project cost 15 from Amazon. I bought the cheapest one I could find, if the project goes wrong I don't want to lose too much cash. When the radio arrived I quickly took it apart and found that its components would be very easy to fit into a seperates sized box. I am now in the process of designing the box into which the radio will fit on the laser cutter at work.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16830799@N05/9086163267/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16830799@N05/9071423140/

Last edited by melonboy; 19th June 2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: pic didnt work

Hide this!Advertise here!