CD "turntables" question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a pair of Technics SL-DZ1200 cd turntables on the cheap for DJing. This product was basically a flop as it's sound quality is quite poor when compared to its competitors at the time of release (e.g. Pioneer CDJ1000MK3).

The product was meant to be the CD version of the popular SL1200 turntable, and it was marketed towards people who wanted the feel of the old faithful direct drive motor and spinning platter. The main problem the SL-DZ1200 has is its garbled sound full of digital artifacts, very noticeable when "scrubbing" the audio at a slow speed.

These decks support CD audio, and mp3/aac files.. however, the maximum bitrate for mp3s is 128kbps.

Well, that's as far as I am aware of in terms of specifications for this product. I am a complete novice at this time with DIY audio, and I guess I would like to put forth the question to you experts if you could tell me from what you've just read whether a customized rebuild of the audio "brain" for this product sounds feasible?

If I could, I would like to make the decks able to read and output the highest quality audio possible in audio CD format, data CD (with audio files, both lossy and lossless), and perhaps even DVD audio.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.