Media Player HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've not had a lot to do with media streaming before, but I would like to buy a couple of really big drives to centralize my media, and stream various sources from a player using the local area network (wired and wireless) from various devices.

I have spent the day going from review to review and finished the day more confused then when I started. I was looking at the Dune HD Base 3D, but wonder if I should be looking at something more like the Xtreamer ULTRA 2 series

What I am looking for is something really decent that I can stream mainly FLAC files at quality equal to or better than a really good CD player, and various 2D and 3D video formats. Are either of these two up to the job? What do you need to stream media properly?

I am basically looking to replace all the disk players in my home theatre setup, and preferably something that would feed directly into my active xover.

Last edited:
I have decided to try repurpose a top end gaming PC I build a few years back. I'm going to buy 4 x 3TB drives since I figure I am going to need these any way I wind up going.

The Antec case has plenty of room for at least 4 HDDs (probably take up to 6 drives). The problem with any gaming box is the noise it makes, so I am looking at the noisiest fans first and that is the fan in the 1000w Antec Quattro PSU. What I would like to do is make it fanless.

Can anyone tell me how big of a heat sink I would need to bolt to this to cool it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.