Tda1543a S1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I went shopping a found this shop who had a pile of TDA1543 in a tray. Mixed up in there were TDA1543, and TDA1543A. The shop does not know the difference. The interesting thing is that the TDA1543A had S1 marked on it!

Does anyone know if this is the same nomenclature as the S1 in the TDA1541A i.e. I have found a goldmine?

Anyway, I got four pieces, and used them in paralel with my CD player that uses a CXD1135 chip. I tapped the BCK, LRCLK and DATA directly from the chip ( could not find the datasheet and hence I probe the pins to find a 2MHz -BCK, 44.1kHz-LRCLK, and a random signal that dies when the music stops - must be the DATA ). That works fine.

Comparing to my TDA1541 R1 NOS DAC ( 6922 tube buffer ), it sounds good indeed. Much more lively sound but cannot beat the smooth sound of the TDA1541 for vocals.

I do not have a TDA1543 DAC as I do not have I2S and cannot compare if the S1 makes a difference. Will try that this weekend. I have made a simple shift register to covert the Sony ( EIAJ ) to I2S and then I can do an AB compariison.

Wish me luck!

Hey man

Is there a chance you can send me a couple of these (1543A S1)

You mind emailing to me about this? ababkin_NOSPAM_@yahoo.com (just remove the _NOSPAM_)
I tried to email you directly but it didnt work.

I have an old sony cdp(M-18) that i cannot find manual for, and would like to upgrade/tweek it to get the best outta this old thing
Its got regular 1543A on it.
Pls see my thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23424

I also was thinking of altering the output stage, but without the schematics there is not much that i can do. Seems like your CDP is somewhat similar (got similar ICs), I'd appreciate if you can share your experience.

Also does stacking several DACs makes a lot of a difference?
I am also planning to get a Bottlehead Foreplay preamp between the cdp and my SS Hafler amp.

Thanks
Alex

OK. Replies to two guys.

1. Li Gangyi, the shop is at Sim Lim Tower, at the basement. They are wholesalers and do not cater for the diy crowd. The typical answer you get from them is "no" even before you get a chance to say the part number. I dress up a bit better to look like a trade customer, and ask for some initial sample purchase to check on the part. I guess I can go back and buy more samples. Anyway, I do not know the name or address of the shop, but will go down to Sim Lim again next week, and post the shop unit number. Meantime, let me see, I have two Creative CD-ROM drives, 1 pioneer CD player, 1 Sony VCD player....... I better go buy all I need before everyone rushes there to buy up all their stock.

2. Static, if I can get more, I would not mind posting to you. I would be more than happy to do a swap with anyone who can supply TDA1541A S1. Just tell me the “exchange rate”. How about 4 to 1? I’ll e-mail you seperately.

Also, I read your post on your predicament. Actually, just forget about all the analogue stuff. Just built a passive non OS DAC using 4 parallel TDA1543A. Plenty of projects out there in the web on doing this. Tap the three signals, get a 8V supply, and you are done. I probe around to get the pins for my CXD1135. It will be the same for the CXD 1125. The next time I open up the board again, I will post the pin outs. As for the CXD2500, I do not have the datasheet, but my computer CD ROM drive uses this chip. I will be poking around with a scope to get the three lines when I get some time. Will post the pins as well when I get around to doing that.

I attach a picture of the chip.

Attachments

• tda1543a.jpg
    tda1543a.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,588
OK guys, details of the shop:

Sim Lim Tower, unit B1-14.

I am not going to name the shop just in case I get into trouble from them because of this post.

I went back to the shop and there are still S1 there but the shop is wising up. They realise the mixup and wanted to increase the price.

This time, I checked the entire tray and found several S2s:bigeyes: . You won't find them there anymore :D :D :D

I do not know if these are the real McCoy but there are S1, R1, and now S2 out there in the real world. Maybe such stuff do exist. Anyone with an inside story?

Elso Kwak & Jean-paul
I think you are a hot-heart man all.I had knew many experiences from you,IMO.

Are you interested in my TDA143R1?

If true,pls send me an email to tell your address,I will share my TDA1543R1 with you(I just hold a pc) ------free;)

Free samples from other Forummembers

X.G. said:
Elso Kwak & Jean-paul
I think you are a hot-heart man all.I had knew many experiences from you,IMO.
Are you interested in my TDA143R1?
If true,pls send me an email to tell your address,I will share my TDA1543R1 with you(I just hold a pc) ------free;)

Hi X.G.,
I am very grateful for your gesture.
Bien étonné de se trouver ensemble, Jean-Paul. That's French. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you X.G, tone, Audiofanatic and Jocko who have sent or offered me parts for evaluation free of charge. I am grateful. I also would like to thank Rudolf Broertjes for borrowing me a LCaudio XO-2 clock and numerous suggestions to improve the KWAK-CLOCK.
I will report back. I have a socket for the TDA1543 so it is quite easy to test. I can also report I have the impression that the TDA1543's made in Thailand sent by Audiofanatic have very slightly more crisp highs.
I am sure I forgot someone as I also got crystals from a forum lurker who does not wish his name printed here and from an other very kind Englishman from whom I forgot the name. I apologize and thank you too!.
:cool: :bigeyes:;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.