about Dolby 5.1 decoder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYers !!! :smash:

I have a DVD player with a Digital Output (Coaxial and Optical) and only a stereo Analog Output. I'd like to know if I can build a decoder to obtain a 5.1 Analog Output (on 6 channels)? Does anyone can post plans of this decoder, please? I've already read all posts about the 5.1 subject, but I didn't find any solution to my problem :bawling: . Sorry if I missed one.

Thanks for answering me. Good luck!

I did it another way...

I went downtown and found one of the stores selling out the obsolete Sony STR-SL5 receiver. It's a slimline design with 5x30W or so with a cooling fan. I got it cheap.

What's so nice with this receiver is that the power amp and power supply is separate from the rest. I intend to rip this board out and replace it with better power supplies and analogue outputs for external power amps.

There I have a complete preamp with DD/DTS and a radio to boot :). Including a remote control.

DIY is not always from scratch :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.