XMOS DSD 384 kHz / 32bit USB - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th May 2013, 12:49 PM   #11
joro_s is offline joro_s  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxfan View Post
i) Does this mean that both power inputs (USB and generators/reclock) have LP5900 regulators?
In the chosen topology, precisious power regulator is needed only for generators/reclock. LP5900 is only for the generators/reclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxfan View Post
ii) what external power supply do you recommend for each of these power inputs? Just a basic 3pin pre-regulator, or is something high-end called for?
The USB part includes everything related to the processing and asyncronous transfer (XMOS), this part is of one side of the galvanic barrier, it can be powered by 3 pin regulator. On the other side of the galvanic barrier are generators and reclock, they need a "clean" power and 3pin pre-regulator is not recommended. It can be used LM317 regulator in circuit "Improved Ripple Rejection". In this mode Ripple Rejection Ratio is improved by 10dB.

Regards,
Joro
Old 26th May 2013, 06:39 PM   #12
enantra is offline enantra  Spain
diyAudio Member

hi Joro
i am interested, waiting GB!
Old 3rd June 2013, 02:59 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Apparently this product can now be ordered from this website -
I2SoverUSB - I2S over USB Audio

If anyone tries one, it would be great to hear some feedback about how good it is.
Old 3rd June 2013, 03:43 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Is this a commercial thread of a thread on the development of a DIY project? Since the thread is created in the general area of the forum, I assume you'd like some feedback on the design?

Honestly the layout looks like a slight variation (with some of the variations being a step backward, presumably to make the PCB cheaper) on what Lorien has provided previously as a sneak preview of the future WaveIO revision. I personally wouldn't purchase from a vendor where the R&D was simply to recreate a PCB layout from a screenshot of another forum contributor.

The complete component layout and partitioning of the isolated portions of the circuit are really very very similar.

Last edited by hochopeper; 3rd June 2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 3rd June 2013, 04:11 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Yes, similarities to other projects notwithstanding, this thread should be shifted to the Vendor's Bazaar section.
Old 3rd June 2013, 05:04 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Is this a commercial thread of a thread on the development of a DIY project? Since the thread is created in the general area of the forum, I assume you'd like some feedback on the design?....
....The complete component layout and partitioning of the isolated portions of the circuit are really very very similar.
I must say that I have seen working prototypes of this device long before Lorien posted his update, this is not what you are afraid of and the guy behind it is way too smart to just copy something, you know it is not that simple. Smart enough to write his own firmware. Some people that have it are selling their Exa devices, I plan to try it too someday. No affiliation with the seller apart from being in the same country.
Old 3rd June 2013, 07:01 AM   #17
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

lorien posted that design for the first time many months ago, but sure lets give the benefit of the doubt, which still means this thread has no place being here since its not for getting feedback on a personal project, rather just an attempt at free advertising for a commercial product.

makes sense selling the EXA after having one, EXA lacks features this and Loriens design have and is too expensive to have just sitting around.

it looks pretty average to me, but hey, price is OK. amanero plus acko ISO/reclocker seems a better choice for the same money though IMO.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:37 PM   #18
joro_s is offline joro_s  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is this a commercial thread of a thread on the development of a DIY project? Since the thread is created in the general area of the forum, I assume you'd like some feedback on the design?
Yes. This started as a DIY project a long time ago and this is phase 4 of this project (preferences from Bulgarian audio fans are taken into consideration). This thread was not published in this forum, because my English is not so good.

Yes, I would like some feedback.
Quote:
Honestly the layout looks like a slight variation (with some of the variations being a step backward, presumably to make the PCB cheaper) on what Lorien has provided previously as a sneak preview of the future WaveIO revision
At the end of my post I'll give a link to bulgarian DIY forum, although I don't want to do this but I felt aggrieved (if the moderators take to account they can delete it). One can see the dates of first thread (6 january 2013). Phase 3 is realized in 2012, but the thread is published later, because I was testing FW. Phase 4 (this board) was published on 17 march 2013. So one can see how close are designs of phase 3 and 4. I'm an telecomunication engeneer, audio is my hobby and that's why this project is developing so slowly (in my spare time).

If this thread is in wrong place, then moderators can move the thread.

About the site, it was crearted a few days ago, by request of my son (he made the site and still working on it).

link: ?????????? ?????? XMOS USB-I2S - ????????

Regards,
Joro
Old 5th June 2013, 09:58 AM   #19
azimut is offline azimut  Italy
diyAudio Member

I'm interested too! Is it possible for you to set up a group buy?
Thanks!
Old 5th June 2013, 02:15 PM   #20
judo is offline judo  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Interested in a GB too!

Hide this!Advertise here!