Jitters numbers of this te7022-24bit-96khz-usb-to-coaxial-converter ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Did you try the PCM2707 or PCM2706 and compared them to the TE7022 ?

I've read that the jitter of those usb chips are less important than the jitter reductions of the receiver chips.

I've also read that wen we use the spdif out of usb chips, we can use the receiver chips to reduce the jitters, that we can not do with the i2s out of usb chips.

Any thought about that ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
That should be true. The optical/coax SPDIF output goes to the receiver chip which has its PLL for extracting the clock signal (and reducing jitter). The onboard I2S output drives the DAC chip directly, without any jitter reduction.

Hello

Maby reclocking the i2s bck before going into a TDA1541A could do better than spdif and a receiver chip ?

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

It's kind of true. I would still aim for the lowest jitter usb receiver, as costs differences aren't huge.

You can reduce jitter on I2S line if you run an I2S output into an ASRC (ad1896, src4192, maybe some more recent alternatives). A PCM2707-I2S-SRC4192 makes jitter irrelevant (provided the pcb layout is good and all similar disclaimers applying).

A PCM2707-I2S-SRC4192 makes jitter irrelevant (provided the pcb layout is good and all similar disclaimers applying).

Theory - yes. Real - no. SRC4192 not jitter immune. For example, AMB y2 use this. I can easy to hear change from (pcm2707 + crystal) to (pcm2707 + cmos oscillator) both with ( SRC4192 + Tent lab oscillator ). I change pcm2707 to cm6631a, I can hear it is better. i change cm6631a to XMOS, again, I can hear this difference. I am sure you will hear it also. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.