TDA1541A and the 14 decoupling caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tbla said:
.....but if you want to spent lots of money there are many other possibilities

That's not the case, it's the opposite. 1€ per cap is too much. So the wimas are also too expensive. (radiospares's prices are without VAT, add 19.6% to have the final price)

what about space, do you have space for some big ones....?
Not a problem.
I'm designing the PCB myself, I'll post it here if you want. I'll certainly need feedback and advices, since it's my firts PCB, and I never learnt how to do it the right way.

TDA 1541 decoupling

I have used 0.82 MKP 400 V from Intertechniek because it just fits on my Marantz CD 80

Attachments

• 104_0429b.jpg
    104_0429b.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 751
Bricolo said:
Do someone know about Siemens MKTs?

If you mean
these
then reconsider ... they are well documented in the datasheet, are compact, have excellent inductance figures, Tom Evans used them in the RIAA portion of the Michell ISO and present Groove phonostages. And if you dig deep on the usual fora, you'll find at least one person comparing them favourably against the Wima MKPs.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Werner said:

If you mean
these
then reconsider ... they are well documented in the datasheet, are compact, have excellent inductance figures, Tom Evans used them in the RIAA portion of the Michell ISO and present Groove phonostages. And if you dig deep on the usual fora, you'll find at least one person comparing them favourably against the Wima MKPs.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I was speaking about the Siemens, but yours looks similar.

The bad thing about mines, is that they have a special pitch. Don't fit on a veroboard.

I just wondered:

I saw that active members (by active, I mean those who build a lot of stuff) have lots of parts in stock.

Do you buy "packs" of resistors and caps, with many values of the same model?
I think I would need something like this, this would prevent me from going to the local store for 1 or 2 0.04€ resistors...

But I only saw packs of cheap components. Where can I get better ones? (like a pack of FC caps; in exemple)

Werner said:

If you mean
these

This might not apply to the situation in which they are used as decoupling caps for the TDA1541 and I don’t know if Epcos MKT differ in something more than in name, but used at the signal path Siemens MKT is not more than a joke. I just told something like this a few days ago so I just wanted to confirm that I was serious. My regards to that person whoever he/she is (and to you as well), I don’t have anything against him/her (or you as well).

Pedja

Bricolo,

Snap is a simple card game. Cards are put down and when two cards are same you have to say "snap" before your opponent (or something like that!). Ppl say snap when they post essentially the same msg unknowingly at the same time as someone else... or is it just me? ;)

As for those caps, I've not replaced anything with them, they are not the right value to replace anything I don't think. I've simply soldered them across the backs of electrolytics to 'improve' (or attempt to improve) their performance. The caps that feed the HDAM thing in my Marantz, for examples, have 220nf AND one of these 22nf soldered across the back - so 3 caps in total. That was a nightmare job, which was just silly... but it is sounding nice :)

-Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.