rega planet 2000 modified

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I own a rega planet 2000 and I would like to upgrade it but of course don't have money for it.

- Do you think it is worth to modify/tweak this model ?

- if yes, which modification I should do?

I guess the cd-transport is worth it!

I have seen that some people are quite well experienced with CD player tweaking, so I hope somebody can share his knowledge...

Thanks in advance!

Nico

bourni said:
so bad? what did it happen?
I am surprised because I heard many people that use it as a transport only.
I initially bought it to use as a CD player, but then was lucky enough to get dCS at a really great price, thus Jupiter became a transport. Then, about six months into its life, it started burning diodes like crasy - every week to ten days. After it did it for the fourth time, I opened it myself before sending it to repair shop. What I saw inside shocked me so much that I got rid of all my Rega stuff immediately. I happily replaced it as a transport with inexpensive Sony player, but the lesson was good - pickup quality matters the most for transport. Everything else can be changed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.