NAD 502 - disc without spinning (don't start after FOK) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th April 2013, 08:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default NAD 502 - disc without spinning (don't start after FOK)

At this model I have perform service work and maintenance several times. But the currently device has an unusual error:
The disc try to start but does not really running. For reading in the TOC the correct speed is not reached. When I turn on the compact disc by hand while the time of start trial immediately after FOK the running process goes on and the disc read in the TOC. By pressing the button "PLAY" I must also do turning the disc by hand because otherwise the disc in this phase even only tried to run.
Until now I haven't observe this. Actually only the Spindle-Motor or the driver IC from Toshiba must be defectice resp. faulty. Are there also additional causes ?
Thank you very much for your helping.

Hide this!Advertise here!