let 's share my DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok here it is...
------------------------Strat Of Translation-------------------------------------
This time round we're gonna play around with the Analog Device's AD1955
----------------------
Pictures of the DAC
----------------------
I did the PCB twice. The first was without the Sampling Module. The second time round, the PCB is more complete and has got a "high-end" feel to it.

I also can now play around with the parts and use better grade stuff for the project.

I used SMD parts this time as they have lower noise and lead inductance compared to through hole parts. This helped to reduce overall noise and increase performance.
----------------------
Another Picture
----------------------
From the AW-D1 onwards, all the DACs will be using an external power source, which will make he circuit more flexible. The DAC and DIR1730 will have an "Upgrade module", which makes it easier to add in an Unsampling module and Re Clock Module.

This time round with the AW-D2 I used a DIR1703 and made a few improvements, and compared to the DAC 1.0 it's a very big improvement. I also used a TCXO clock in this design, it is now my current favourite, therefore I had to use it~!!!

Because the D2 uses a AD1955, it is very different from the BB(T1), the sound is very strong, and worth a try.
----------------------
Insert Picture here
----------------------
In the anlog filter stage, there a few "special" components, namely the 681Ohms resistor. Let's not be afraid, we're not in deep water...yet...those are Dale resistors, and are an intergral part of my design, although it may seem odd...it must be there.-------------------------
Insert another Picture
-----------------------
If the D2's production is on time.The PCB will probably be released in the Christmas or 2004's New Year region. Do await further announcements.
---------------------------End Of Translation-----------------------------------

I know my Chineses sucks...I am kinda borderline in my Mother Tongue..I'm actually better in English...so please excuse any obvious Errors...maybe some of u might want to correct me~!!!

Parallel flip-flops?

Hi Takashi,
Why two parallel flop-flops in the reclocker? Or is this a drawing error? I don't see much use for a reclocker after a asynchronous sample rate converter/receiver as everything is already "reclocked".
AC logic should be avoided as the black pest or in modern times aids.
SMD parts have lower noise? Cannot believe what I am reading.........
:confused: :bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.