New XMOS usb 384khz

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASIO mutiple clients - What does that mean?

xmos215_167.jpg

ASIO 2.2, multiple clients - Does that mean it is possible to combine e.g. 3 devices and use them as a quasi 6 channel device?

Last edited:
Guys, I can't install driver on win 8.1 pro. It says

"ERROR: Preinstallation of driver blablabla
Installation Failed
Please run setup again"

Help :( ?
from the DIYinHK site:
Tips:
Thanks for user has the following suggestion for windows 8 driver installation. Problem solved - I was using Windows 8 which needed driver signing to be turned off in order to get the install working. You should note this on your instructions as Win 8 just fails without any message about driver signing!

Joined 2007
Paid Member
XMOS DSP filters

Greetings all,

I am interested in an asynchronous interface that will support simple bi-amplification from a pair of DACs. Has anybody tried the XMOS DSP demo code or inserted DSP code into one of these interfaces? http://www.xmos.com/en/download/public/Adding-DSP-to-the-USB-Audio-2.0-L1-Reference-Design(1.0).pdf What XMOS chip would be required to clone and filter a stereo signal as a two-way crossover? Does the DIYin HK chip have enough cores? In my system, 18 dB/octave centered around 150 Hz is good for my separate low freq. drivers. So I would need 4 channels minimum but would also love to be able to obtain un-filtered I2S to supply additional DACs in phase. Anybody doing anything like 4 or 6 channel output from any of these designs?

Any and all comments much appreciated…

Frank in Mpls.

ASIO 2.2, multiple clients - Does that mean it is possible to combine e.g. 3 devices and use them as a quasi 6 channel device?

Client means: Client Application, while ASIO provides synchronous Input/Output data. Input and output data in one buffer event.

In other words Single Application for input & output or "Multi Client" as sharing the ASIO device with multiple client applications.

Cheers

Hp

Greetings all,

I am interested in an asynchronous interface that will support simple bi-amplification from a pair of DACs. Has anybody tried the XMOS DSP demo code or inserted DSP code into one of these interfaces? http://www.xmos.com/en/download/public/Adding-DSP-to-the-USB-Audio-2.0-L1-Reference-Design(1.0).pdf What XMOS chip would be required to clone and filter a stereo signal as a two-way crossover? Does the DIYin HK chip have enough cores? In my system, 18 dB/octave centered around 150 Hz is good for my separate low freq. drivers. So I would need 4 channels minimum but would also love to be able to obtain un-filtered I2S to supply additional DACs in phase. Anybody doing anything like 4 or 6 channel output from any of these designs?

Any and all comments much appreciated…

Frank in Mpls.

Please start a new thread on the subject (XMOS crossover) for further discussions. I'm quite positive that all XMOS chips can be used for the task, but we need special hardware with a multi-channel DAC and an ADC or an SPDIF receiver for the input.

Last edited:
Please start a new thread on the subject (XMOS crossover) for further discussions. I'm quite positive that all XMOS chips can be used for the task, but we need special hardware with a multi-channel DAC and an ADC or an SPDIF receiver for the input.

We also need the special programming.
This is interesting
YES YES - but I don't want a $ 200 bread board to do this :-(

simply add to cart and press next next finish and download, it's free and do not need to enter any credit card information.
actually, xmos/thesycon require licence fee on each driver copy used, but there are some user uses mac and linux do not need the driver.
we are thinking of a cheaper version without driver bundled.

Thanks Diyinhk, I just have download this driver.

The new xmos chip is hot!
Digikey is sold out and the next arrived time is 9-17,
I still have few only, may be out of stock again...
Any suggestion for the next version are welcome.
I am planning a more cheaper version with shenzhen oscillator and an expensive version with ndk nz2520sd oscillator

Please add support for multichannel output using TDM (software examples here: https://github.com/xcore/sw_avb/tree/master/module_avb_audio/src/interfaces/tdm and https://github.com/xcore/sw_avb/blo...dio/src/codecs/CS42448/audio_codec_CS42448.xc for codec control ). Now the I2C interface would be nice but I guess that is not possible as the USB driver doesn't support it (it would be nice if you could define the I2C sequence of codec initialization commands in a file in PC - there is though the USB UART interface that could be used for that, right?). I2S input might be useful so that you could route the input from S/PDIF to TDM codec for multichannel audio, or from an ADC and use the XMOS as a DSP for a digital crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.