SA14 transport problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My SA-14 is sick, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me fix it.

It uses a CDM-15M mechanism, according to the service manual.

The problem is somewhat strange. It has happened a few times in the past, but has gotten very bad in the last few days.

When I put a disk it, sometimes, it spins REALLY fast, much faster then it should. You can hear the motor going, it is spinning so fast. The only way to stop it is to power off, or the eject the disk. If you power off, it seems to come back in the fast spinning mode. If I eject the disk when it is in the middle of spinnng fast, the disk spins for another 5 seconds after the tray comes out.

It does not do this all the time, and I think it is worse when the unit is hot. I used to leave it on pretty much 24/7, but I started turning it off for the last couple of days.

I am wondering if it is a motor controller problem. If I knew that was it, I could order the chip from Marantz, and I think I could put it in.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I am hsitant about sending it in for repair, because it is heavily modded, and I am not sure what they would do to it.

Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.