Weiliang DAC9 with AK4399

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a very similar experience with this shop for the dual mono AK4399. They did send the dac but upon arrival only one channel was functioning. I complained and they asked to send it back, which I did. Then..... nothing. Tried to contact them for weeks without any reaction. When I ordered the dac their online ordering didn't work, so I used email and PayPal. When things went wrong, I complained through PayPal. This woke up the vendor and they shipped the - repaired - dac back. But when it arrived it turned out they had removed the xmos usb board. This board was crucial for me so I complained again. PayPal eventually paid me back. Horrible experience that took months to resolve. Order at your own risk. There is a French online store that sells much of the same stuff, but more expensive.

I bought 3 pieces of DAC9 to use in my 3-ways active digital crossover. I replaced all caps surround DAC chip and opamp, replaced opamp with opa627 and opa637, then now they sound huge improved.

opa637 sound very detail but less dynamic and natural as 627. As from what I've read, opa637 require more gains at least ~6 to operate stable. My question is How to increase gain of Dac9 board to support opa637? Thank in advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.