Single source for Kwak parts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm looking at trying the Kwak Clock v7 and it's the least hassle for me to try and source everything from one supplier. After a modest effort looking through Digikey I see that this particular goal may not be that easy to achieve. Although I did get some good information from a previous question titled, " KWAK CLOCK parts questions ". I'm finding it a challenge to find the AD8561AN and convert some of the 'european' parts (i.e. BC550C) over to the 'north american' part numbers. I would prefer to use Digikey as much as possible here because they cover both Canada and the U.S. Any hints from those who have travelled this path prior to myself?

Regards,
Dan

Analog Devices parts are available in the US through Newark, as are the BC550/BC560 parts. The BC parts are just general bipolar transistors - nothing too fancy. MPSA18 would be a good replacement for the BC550. You should be able to get equivalent parts of everything through Newark. There was also another comparator that Elso listed, I think it was Maxim part, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Good luck,

KWAK-CLOCK Parts

Tieftoener said:
Analog Devices parts are available in the US through Newark, as are the BC550/BC560 parts. The BC parts are just general bipolar transistors - nothing too fancy. MPSA18 would be a good replacement for the BC550. You should be able to get equivalent parts of everything through Newark. There was also another comparator that Elso listed, I think it was Maxim part, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Good luck,

Hi,
www.farnell.com has all the parts. Click on the flag of your country! Don't buy from Newark. They will charge you with incredible high shipping and handling cost. And these costs are not shown on your website order. You eventually see them when you receive the goods or your creditcard account.:(

Joined 2002
Paid Member
After carefully reading all of the responses. I decided to buy a 'kit' from Elso. Although it wasn't the most cost effective approach I decided that Elso's 'support' of the DIY community should receive alittle support in return. Hence, my purchase from him.

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.