Single source for Kwak parts? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2003, 11:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Single source for Kwak parts?

I'm looking at trying the Kwak Clock v7 and it's the least hassle for me to try and source everything from one supplier. After a modest effort looking through Digikey I see that this particular goal may not be that easy to achieve. Although I did get some good information from a previous question titled, " KWAK CLOCK parts questions ". I'm finding it a challenge to find the AD8561AN and convert some of the 'european' parts (i.e. BC550C) over to the 'north american' part numbers. I would prefer to use Digikey as much as possible here because they cover both Canada and the U.S. Any hints from those who have travelled this path prior to myself?

Regards,
Dan
Old 21st November 2003, 11:45 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

You could buy it all from Elso himself...

He also sells complete kits. AFAIK

Cheers,
Bas
Old 21st November 2003, 02:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Analog Devices parts are available in the US through Newark, as are the BC550/BC560 parts. The BC parts are just general bipolar transistors - nothing too fancy. MPSA18 would be a good replacement for the BC550. You should be able to get equivalent parts of everything through Newark. There was also another comparator that Elso listed, I think it was Maxim part, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Good luck,
Tieftoener -- You're ears can sense a movement in air that causes your eardrum to move less than 1/10th of the diameter of a Hydrogen atom! Don't abuse the one of the most amazing organs your Creator gave you!
Old 21st November 2003, 03:50 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Elso Kwak
Cool KWAK-CLOCK Parts

Quote:
Originally posted by Tieftoener
Analog Devices parts are available in the US through Newark, as are the BC550/BC560 parts. The BC parts are just general bipolar transistors - nothing too fancy. MPSA18 would be a good replacement for the BC550. You should be able to get equivalent parts of everything through Newark. There was also another comparator that Elso listed, I think it was Maxim part, but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Good luck,
Hi,
www.farnell.com has all the parts. Click on the flag of your country! Don't buy from Newark. They will charge you with incredible high shipping and handling cost. And these costs are not shown on your website order. You eventually see them when you receive the goods or your creditcard account.
Old 25th November 2003, 08:24 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Yes, I have ordered most of the parts online from Farnell. Good price and service.
Old 25th November 2003, 04:32 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

where are you located? If you're in toronto, you can get everything from Supremetronic. They have BCxxx, 2SK, 2SJ, 2SA, etc..... because they source their parts from Asia..

As for the AD8561, you can order free samples from Analog Devices.

Old 25th November 2003, 09:14 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

After carefully reading all of the responses. I decided to buy a 'kit' from Elso. Although it wasn't the most cost effective approach I decided that Elso's 'support' of the DIY community should receive alittle support in return. Hence, my purchase from him.

Regards,
Dan
Old 26th November 2003, 04:57 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I am DIYing a Elso Clock too. May I know how I can purchase a kit? or just the PCB?
Old 26th November 2003, 11:26 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Contact Elso. I'm sure he'll give you whatever information you require.

Regards,
Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!