PLL for use with SPDIF (biphase mark encoding)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Vcxo

Hi Guido.
Can this VCXO be made with discrette components?? I mean with diodes /varicap??/ and a crystal. It should be possible. I suppose you have tried this method. What are the results??
The vcxo modules are very hard to find /here/. Does farnell sell them??
The other metod is using the not-liked-by-everybody ASRC like AD1896....... But this is a different design.
regards -

Re: Vcxo

machinow said:
Hi Guido.
Can this VCXO be made with discrette components?? I mean with diodes /varicap??/ and a crystal. It should be possible. I suppose you have tried this method. What are the results??
The vcxo modules are very hard to find /here/. Does farnell sell them??
The other metod is using the not-liked-by-everybody ASRC like AD1896....... But this is a different design.
regards -

Hi

Yes you can build a VCXO yourself, but I also sell canned modules, with or without PLL circuit (called XO DAC).

I have built discrete VCXO's but prefer canned modules as these are less sensitive to external disturbance.

regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.