Replacing Masterclock Proceed PDP2!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I have a Proceed PDP2 and want to install a new Clock in it.
I need the schematics or at least someone that have instaled an other clock in a DAC like this.
It uses the YM3623B Yamaha, the NPC5813APT and the PCM58P DAC.

BTW it is now set to 120Volts and I want to use it on 230Volts.
How do I connect the transformer for 230Volts.

The wire colours are Brown-white-Blue on one side and Black orange - Pink on the other side.

Thanks!

Audiofanatic ;)

Audiofanatic said:
Hi Guys,

I have a Proceed PDP2 and want to install a new Clock in it.
I need the schematics or at least someone that have instaled an other clock in a DAC like this.
It uses the YM3623B Yamaha, the NPC5813APT and the PCM58P DAC.

BTW it is now set to 120Volts and I want to use it on 230Volts.
How do I connect the transformer for 230Volts.

The wire colours are Brown-white-Blue on one side and Black orange - Pink on the other side.

Thanks!

Audiofanatic ;)
Hi Audiofanatic,
The installment of the clock wouldn't be too difficult. The Proceed has a cantype oscillator so you have just to follow the traces to find out which track is the clock output. It also helps if you know to which chip the clock is fed. Then find the datasheet of that chip to find the pin# of the X-IN. Probably the NPC5813= DF1700(?)

The 240 V voltage conversion is a lot more tricky. When I was considering to acquire a PDP2 I wrote an email to Mardigal and got back a highly arrogant email that the voltage conversion could only be done by Madrigal, or with Gods blessing by the importer of your country. I did not receive a simple scheme let alone a servicemanual. Maybe Bert Bazuin of Audiac can help you. It might help if you mention my name, that Bert always pronounced as Elsa. Well Elsa is a beautiful Mexican model...Give Bert my best regards.
;)

Attachments

• elsa.jpg
    elsa.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 838
PDP2

Hi Jose,
In the first Step you need one transformer to converter 230V /120V.
I Think that these is easy to find, electric shop, or any friend of you that have a old electrodomestic machine.
These transformer is for the supplies at the main line of the PDP2.
Be carefully you need desconecter the secondari wire of the transformer of the PDP2 ,and mesure the voltage AC in these wires.
When you have the voltage of these wires you can replace the transformer for another of 230V with the correct secondaries voltages.
Now I don´t sure about the influencie in this case of the frecuency 50Hz with 60Hz,
But I think that in these case is an aproximate solution..
In the problem with the conection of the clock elso is right, he need to study the chips that are inside of the PDP2 an you check the track.
Elso I prefer the confusion about elsa, you know.

Jose and Elso my computer was broken
and now I have a lot of work for replacing my system, for the moment only I´m receiving email at the :
jpaudio@wanadoo.es.

Note: Jose recivi la carta tuya pero justo
se estropeo mi computadore y no pude envierte el email, vuelveme a entregar tu email a la dirección anterior.

The Best Regards (Un Abrazo)

Jesús

Re: PDP2

Jesús Puerto said:
Hi Jose,
In the first Step you need one transformer to converter 230V /120V.
I Think that these is easy to find, electric shop, or any friend of you that have a old electrodomestic machine.
These transformer is for the supplies at the main line of the PDP2.
Be carefully you need desconecter the secondari wire of the transformer of the PDP2 ,and mesure the voltage AC in these wires.
When you have the voltage of these wires you can replace the transformer for another of 230V with the correct secondaries voltages.
Now I don´t sure about the influencie in this case of the frecuency 50Hz with 60Hz,
But I think that in these case is an aproximate solution..
In the problem with the conection of the clock elso is right, he need to study the chips that are inside of the PDP2 an you check the track.
Elso I prefer the confusion about elsa, you know.

Jose and Elso my computer was broken
and now I have a lot of work for replacing my system, for the moment only I´m receiving email at the :
jpaudio@wanadoo.es.

Note: Jose recivi la carta tuya pero justo
se estropeo mi computadore y no pude envierte el email, vuelveme a entregar tu email a la dirección anterior.

The Best Regards (Un Abrazo)

Jesús

Hi Jesús,
I understand from Audiofanatics post that the transformer has two primary windings that can be put in parallel for 110V or in series for 240V operation.
I am not confused about Elsa Benitez......:clown:
Good luck with your computer.;)

Attachments

• elsa2jpeg.jpg
    elsa2jpeg.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 775
Elsa ones again?

Hi guys,

Elso, is this an other photograph of the famouse Elsa? She is really skinny. Not my type of girl.
I like them older (than myself) and plump/chubby/

Back to audio, the transformer has 6 (Six) primary wires and it's just like I thought. Like the Mark Levinson's and Spectral's I've had in the past.
Jesús, gracias! Yo me pregunte algunas veces si te lo rovaron, gracias a Dios lo recivistes. My e-mail es Audiofanatic at planet punto nl

Elso, the Xtal is connected to the Yamaha.
I'll try to fix the KC-7 into it.

BTW, can I replace the PCM58 for a better one?

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Clock in Proceed

Hi Audiofanatic,
Elsa skinny? :clown: Older than me?. I am already 57 :clown: Wooah......

You got the wrong cantype oscillator. The one connected to the Yamaha is only used for frequency recognition. Look for the one connected to the digital filter or the DSP.
PCM58 is a 18 bit DAC. You could try the AD1865N-K, but the two chips are NOT pin for pin compatible.
Best the replace the AD845 opamps by something better. AD845 really sounds bad, harsh, fatiguing.:D

Re: Schematic?

Audiofanatic said:
Hi Elso,

Do you, by any chance have the schematic of this DAC? If so, would you be so kind in facilitate it to me?
Can I use the OPA627AP? instead?

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Hi Audiofanatic,
No I tried at Madrigal to get the servicemanual of the Proceed PDP2 but only got abasing answers. Yes you can use OPA627 or OPA604. It all depends on taste....just as you don't like Elsa but I do!:angel:

Attachments

• elsa4-sm.jpg
    elsa4-sm.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 654
Re: OPamp's

Audiofanatic said:
Hi Elso,

Which one is better in Bass? the 627 or the 604?

About Elsa, obviously you like her hair more than the rest. ;)

Thanks.

Audiofanatic ;)

P.S. Elsa is definitly cute, but! She is really to skinny for my taste!
I love chubby ladies.

I like the 604 very much , but the 627 is better.
Everything, including the bass.
The OPA132 is very good too (I like it over the 604).
Another (cheap) option is the LM6171 - excellent.;)
The 627 beats them all, although comparing with some it's by a small margin.
We're talking high-end here.:D

ELLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:eek:
Send us more girls.:D

PDP2

Hi Carlos,
I think that elsa have very ps of jitter.
The OPA 627, and 637 these are very good, but I prefer OPA37 you know the the seiries of BB 2604 it all fets.
But you think , the OPA37 it is with a gain> 5.
these devices don´t working in Clase A.
The dinamic range are llimitades , for example the PS..
Whay the people speak about the range
>120dB.

Molto Obrigado. (The Best Regards)

Jesús

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.