Tentlab CD Transport Isuue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,
I just purchased a kit from Tentlab to built up a CD Transport. but unfortunately when I received the parts from Tentlabs, I found many part missing. In spite of several emails and reminders to Mr. Guido Tent, I could not get any response from him for the last two weeks. When I called his office someone told me that he is sick. I am at limbo now. I have not got any response from him for the last two weeks. I am using 3.2 low gitter clock. Another observation is that the power supply voltage read 8.2 VDC when connected to the 3.2 low gitter board The display shows "-- ----" when the tray is in and a CD is placed. The CD does not rotate. When the tray is open the display shows "OPEN"
Can anyone suggests what to check?

Tentlabs Transport Problem - Does not read any CD

Dear All,
The problem I am facing is that it does not read any CD.I will be obliged if anyone can help me in resolving my Tentlabs CD transport issue. Please note the following observations:
1. No where in the manual, it is mentioned whether I need to connect yellow and brown wire (if I could remember properly) to the power supply module as mentioned as "Ctl + and Ctl-". when I connected these wires, the display becomes dim and some of the segments do not light up extreme - left and right extreme digits. the display becomes OK when these wires had been removed.
2. Is it normal to display "-- ----" (blinking when a CD is inserted)when the CD is inserted without the puck. The machine does not read the CD at all. When the cd tray is opened, the display shoes "OPEN"

I just used the scope to measure Clk2 and SPDIF IN. The measurement shows as follows:
XTAL = 12.289 Mhz
CLK2
freq = 8.475 MHZ
Peak to peak Voltage = 3.5 Volts
Time = 118.0ns

SPDIF IN
freq = 1.76 MHz
Peak to Peak Volts = 4.2 Volts
Time = 565.0 ns.

I also purchased an extra XO DAC for my AN DACL4.1 where the parameter shows as follows:
Xtal = 16.934 Mhz
freq= 2,84 MHz
Peak to Peak Voltage = 5.3 volts
Time = 356.0 ns
I will greatly appreciate your help in troubleshooting the issue.
Regards,
Abhijit

There is a door sensor that needs to be connected I bet. there should be a switch or an opto sensor that tells the controller that you have opened the CD tray. when you close the cd tray it spins the cd and reads the TOC. I only have photo's of the kit, not the manual. but I bet that's the issue.

Hi,
Thanx for your advise. I have definitely connected the hatch sensor. When it is opened, it is the display shows "open" more detailed description is shown below:

I want some immediate help in resolving my problem with Tentlab’s CD Transport. I purchased the kit with low jitter clock (X03.2) with XO Power supply. When I assembled the whole kit these are my observations:
1. CD does not spin a bit
2. When the Brown and Yellow wires are connected to the CTL- and CTL+ and the power is switched on “-- ----“ display blinks. When the hatch is opened, the display shows “OPEI “ (N does not display fully). When the CTL wires are disconnected, the display becomes much brighter and all the segments of ”N” (OPEN) Shows)
Please note that at that time , “puck” was short shipped and the output voltage of the xo Supply showed 8 odd volts while connected with the XO DAC 3.2 (11.289 Mhz) While it is not connected, it showed 16 Volts DC.
I have ordered a separate pair of XO Board with Power Supply for my AN DAC L 7.1. I noticed that output voltage showed 15 odd volts while connected with XO DAC .(Xtal = 16.934 Mhz) without connecting to the Philips CDM-2Pro. I also doubt the transport because the transport was poorly packed and the lens was exposed. This time I got the second drive as spare and luckily it was properly packed.
I have used my 100 Mhz Digital Oscilloscope and found the following results:
CLK2 (11.289 Mhz – XO DAC 3.2))
freq = 8.475 MHZ (while connected with CD Drive)
Peak to peak Voltage = 3.5 Volts
Time = 118.0ns

SPDIF IN
freq = 1.76 MHz
Peak to Peak Volts = 4.2 Volts
Time = 565.0 ns.

Spare XO DAC with XO Power Supply
Clk (16.934 Mhz)
freq= 2,84 MHz (not connected with the Philips drive)
Peak to Peak Voltage = 5.3 volts
Time = 356.0 ns

I will be grateful if one can help in finding faults
Since I doubt the drive, I have ordered the second drive as a spare.
Regards,

Hi,
I think Guido has supplied me the Clock with the wrong frequencies. He has supplied me as follows:
a) XO3.2 with 11.289 Mhz which should be fitted to the Transport. I think this clock frequency should have been 16.9344
b) XO DAC with 16.9344 Mhz which should be fitted with AN L4.1 DAC. I think this clock frequency should have been 11.289 Mhz
I have the following questions:
a)Can anyone say that the problem I am facing is due to the above?
b) Can I interchange the Xtal between XO3.2 AND XODAC?

Hi,
I think Guido has supplied me the Clock with the wrong frequencies. He has supplied me as follows:
a) XO3.2 with 11.289 Mhz which should be fitted to the Transport. I think this clock frequency should have been 16.9344
b) XO DAC with 16.9344 Mhz which should be fitted with AN L4.1 DAC. I think this clock frequency should have been 11.289 Mhz

One more question:
Can I use XO DAC in place of XO3.2?

Hi,

With all my apologies, I want to say that Guido has sent the correct XTAL for the XO3.2 ( 16.9344) and XO DAC (11.289). It is my mistake. Then why the hell the transport is not working!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.