M2TECH hiFace Two

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• HIFACE2_01_small.jpg
    HIFACE2_01_small.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 208
  • HIFACE2_02_small.jpg
    HIFACE2_02_small.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Thermal relief on some GND vias not others! Copper pours slivers with no via at one end, antennas. USB3318 thermal vias devoid of copper pour on bottom layer. A couple of dodgy looking solder joints and some flux not cleaned off. T juction traces near the xtals.Nothing special, standard commercial type basic layout a bit scrappy.

It looks like the connectors and through hole components have been soldered on after the SMD assembly, not the best joints I have seen.
If I was to categorize the quality of this assembly I would say it is lower end consumer products, IPC class 1 workmanship and general quality.

:)
I was being polite, as whenever I seem to open my mouth on here regarding PCB design, quality , workmanship or clock mods (the bodge ones involing 10s to 100s of MHz) I get shot down, often cos my views dont fit with the fantasy world of design some exist in.:DThere from the real world...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.