diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   My Shigaclone building log (Tibi's 2012 version) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/228508-my-shigaclone-building-log-tibis-2012-version.html)

dimkasta 23rd January 2013 11:17 PM

My Shigaclone building log (Tibi's 2012 version)
 
I started working on the kit today after keeping it for some time in its box kicking it around on my living room :p

I will setup the test rig on a piece of MDF. I have already glued some wenge spacers and I m waiting for it to dry.
In the meantime, I began working on the electronics.

Soldering those little cable headers is a huge PITA...Plus the metal thingies were less than the required ones...
I ll try to find some ready ones from the local shop tomorrow.

I've checked the psu so far and it seems ok giving 7,9Volts.
Small thought on it. Blue leds are noisy, so a red one might be more appropriate.

If all goes well, tomorrow I ll do my first auditions.

I have also started working on a proper chassis. I will post more about it when I manage to get some more time to work on it.

dimkasta 15th February 2013 09:04 PM

I have managed to get everything together and after a bit playing around cause of soldering the motor cables the other way around, I finally got it working.
Unfortunately the puck was wobbling and I managed to bend the rotor shaft.... :(

It was playing amazingly while it lasted.... I am waiting for replacement parts now...

Here is a photo of the mechanic mounted on a piece of MDF. Note that the motor cable is soldered the other way around.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...y-dim_1360.jpg

In the meantime, while waiting for Tibi to sort his last GB obligations, I decided to build a Salas BiB to try with it.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...r-dim_1588.jpg

CCS R will be 2R and filter and zobel will be electrolytic to care for the rather weird load that the digital/motor assembly is going to be.
Just finalizing my measurements and I m going to order the remaining caps and resistors tomorrow

dimkasta 20th February 2013 11:38 PM

Recent I measurements
77mA
280mA
600mA
800mA
at various phases...

Need to update stuff

Erik van Voorst 21st February 2013 04:49 PM

Hi Dimkasta,

Looks great...:cool:

I have a question...why do you glue the beautiful Wenge to the inferior board underneath :eek:

Surely your goal is to make use of its resonance properties so I would use a ring/spacer between the Wenge and the board Underneath it and screw it just enough to keep things in place......but give the Wenge a better vibration option...

Just my two cents :D

dimkasta 21st February 2013 06:02 PM

Hey Erik
Thanks for your kind words.
This is just a test rig. The proper chasis will be full wenge. And maybe an aluminum bottom if I decide to go full salas psu

Erik van Voorst 22nd February 2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimkasta (Post 3379938)
Hey Erik
Thanks for your kind words.
This is just a test rig. The proper chasis will be full wenge. And maybe an aluminum bottom if I decide to go full salas psu

Now we are talking :cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:10 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2