ES9023 DAC design for MiniDSP USBStreamer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Neil, is the project still alive ? I would be interested in 3 boards (6 channels) for a system that does crossover in the computer (BruteFIR) and uses a USBstreamer to output the 6 channels.

Thanks, alex

There's not really been enough demand for me to make a second production run. The ES9023P DAC chips are hard to buy unless you do it in quantities. I'd probably look at other boards out there like the Buffalo III.

Any fresh news ?

Yea, some good news and some not-so-good news :)

Good news: I've designed an affordable SMT Pick and Place machine to make it easier to place little boards like this with tons of SMT parts (those polypropylene caps are extra tricky to hand solder!)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

We'll be doing Kickstarter soon, and have a beta test program running right now..

The bad news is that my PnP project is taking up all of my time right now. However, once this settles down, I'm going to have a run of these DACs made and will list them on Kickstarter... Using my new PnP machine to build them.

Here's our website for anyone that might find our project useful: FirePick Delta Official Website

Cheers,

-Neil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.