Philips cdm3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mmm,

I'm at the other end: i have a (NOS) CDM3 transport and no player. Found mine in an early DIGITAL CDROM drive. It used caddies.

Some brands used the CDM3, but don't know the numbers from memory. Think early models here.

Studer (studio grade equipment)
MicroMega / Meta Research
Krell (think it was)

As for selling mine, i did not plan to do so. I would rather pick up one of those players (cheap) and then get it fixed.

Do a search here on CDM3, you will find more on it!

GuidoB

Hi,

This migth be a bit more difficult then I thought. I do have the doc of a Philips 22DC085 car player. Most of the electronics is on the main pcb of the car player. including laser output adjustment and servo electronics. The cdm3 has no PCB attached with servo electronics. So I believe adjustments are a bit depending on the application. (Car, CD-ROM)

In my doc the laser output is adjusted with R3213 1kohm. With testdisc 5 it should give a 50 mV =/- 5 mV across R3194 (testpoint of diode assembly + Vcc).

I hope this gives a start.

Success!

Ward

Might be able to help here, got the manual for a studer ~B226.

Only on paper, so don't start asking for copies please ;->

Anyway, to ask my question to you again: what player are you using ? And more specific, what chipset (5508/5509 8808/8809) for the transport (numbers are from top of my head).

If your player matches my manual's setup, i might be able to help.

GuidoB

I have a Krell MD-10 wich I bought in 1994. The unit could no longer read disc's so I contacted Krell for service. I was informed that parts were no longer availible and they could not help me. I then brought the unit to a local technician who found that the laser had no output. Thanks to a DIY member I had the laser replaced. The technician said the laser now has output but the unit does not work. He says there are 4 adjustment pots on the board. He has contacted Krell for information but they say it is against company policy to give any information. I would like to ask for help if someone can give electrical specs for this unit. I have some numbers from the drive. I will try to attach photos.

These are off of the CDM3:

4322 010 7911
W01 925

31211850 960
A00 8931

This number is from the board:

servopaneel
weeknr. 8927

Attachments

• rcdm3b.jpg
    rcdm3b.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 557
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.