DCx2496 question for using the DAC and Xover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hey smartguys, wondering if this is possible (this may seem quite obvious, but I haven't experimented much with my DCX)...

Digital out of Computer to DCX (input A set to AES), analog out of DCX output 1 and 2 (full range), to preamp in, out of preamp to DCX Input B and C, out of DCX Output 3 - left low, 4 - left hi, 5 right low, 6 right hi, to biamp to speakers.

Is this loopback possible? Locking the analog input B and C (and not A) specifically to output 3, 4, 5 and 6, while Digital in on A locked to full range out of 1 and 2??

I currently have no need to do anything more than bi-amp...

Long story, but I want to utilize the DAC in the DCX, and its Xover capabilities...as I do not have another dac at the moment

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Input C can actually be routed where you want it, but it isn't on at the same time as the digital input.

Losing bits is not a problem. If you are worried about it, then use a player that does its math in 32 or 64 bit float, then outputs in 24bit. You'll have no problem at all. This is what I do and find no problems whatsoever in listening or measuring. A slight loss of S/N ratio, that's all. But the digital S/N ratio is so high, you'll never hear a little loss. It's generally cleaner than analog volume control.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.