Pioneer Laser Pick-up PWY1006

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using the same pick up in my pd-9300 so I'm interested in the topic. WAR can you give me any news of trying get your friends laser restored? Maybe he tried to replace the diode? Is it really possible to change the diode in this pick up? Has he already bought RLD78mya1 and does it fit to the whole pick up?

Sorry for many questions and for my english ;)

It is EXTREMELY rare for this vintage of Pioneer laser, PWY1004/1006/1010/etc., to actually go bad in any way. The lenses do fall out, but that is a simple matter with carefull reinstallation with a tiny bit of silicone glue. Other than this, EVERY single one of these lasers I've dealt with, and the number of them is likely in the hundreds by now, has, at worst, simply needed to have the optical diffraction grating realigned properly. Takes a delicate touch & practice to do right, but totally doable by anyone with an oscilloscope.

What about if one loses the lens ? I bought one of these and the lens are nowhere to be found, they're not inside the unit (probably escaped through one of the holes in the chassis. That or the seller sold it like this I don't know..
Is it possible to put some other lens in it ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.