Lampizator Sound Card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone

I am trying to modify my Asus Xonar Stx sound card with the Lampizator upgrade and I need some help understanding the balanced outputs. The PCM1792 has a Iout+ and Iout- for the left and right channel respectively. I think I understand I need to make 4 Lampizator circuits to convert each of those I outs in to differential Voltage outputs. The ground of the lampizator circuit must be tied to each channel's ground on the PCM1792. My amplifier currently only has inputs for RCA Single ended inputs.

How do I take these four Vouts from the I/V stage and convert them in to Single ended?

Or is there a way to take the differential output at the chip and make it single ended before the Lampizator (saving me 2 valves)? I have heard you sometimes tie I- to ground but I worry about damaging my sound card.

The link for the DAC's datasheet is here.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/weiss4/pcm1792.pdf

Thanks so much for the help.

V

Thanks Oshifis, I suppose you are right. If I do ground Iout- would that mean Iout+ will output the whole of the signal? I can then simply build a Lampizator for the 2 Iout+ pins and ground the Iout- pins without any loss of signal quality?

Balanced outputs might be nice to have when I have the budget / knowledge to make a preamp that can take balanced inputs so I might make the 4 outputs in the end. If I do can I still simply use the Iout+ pins for the single ended RCA outputs and leave the Iout- going through the small resistor for the Lampizator without signal quality loss?

Thanks again for the help.

V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.