diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   marantz cd 10.......scematics. (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/22511-marantz-cd-10-scematics.html)

tbla 8th November 2003 04:17 PM

marantz cd 10.......scematics.

hi, does anybody know this player.....?
what drive does it use..etc....?
scematics....?

jean-paul 8th November 2003 05:28 PM

CD10 is like a more modern version of CD80. It has a CDM4 mechanics ( more easy to find than the CDM1 as used in CD80 ). It is a well built machine but unfortunately it uses 1 bit technology of the less good sounding kind. AFAIK it has TDA1547 but I could very well be wrong, I don't see them too often you know. Sound wise it is not special, mechanics is top quality.

A good basis for a very good cdplayer I would say. A TDA1543/1541 DAC would be a good marriage ( when built IN the cdplayer that is ).

guido 8th November 2003 06:44 PM

It has two DAC7 chips (1547), transport is CDM-4MD.
Guess a metal version. 16.5 kg weight... From 1995-1996.
No hdam

Indeed a nice start for modding.

GuidoB

tbla 8th November 2003 07:23 PM

thanks guys, but were do i find the I2S signals....?
and yes, it looks very sturdy built and it seems that its very easy to rebuild.......but it would be nice with scematics.

:)

jean-paul 9th November 2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

thanks guys, but were do i find the I2S signals....?
In the cdplayer :D

Seriously, open the thing and write down the chipnumbers. Since I don't have schematics I need chipnumbers for giving advice.

In the case of building a new DAC inside the cdplayer I would remove the TDA1547's ( after the new DAC has proven to work correctly that is ! ).

tbla 9th November 2003 04:05 PM

Quote:

Seriously, open the thing and write down the chipnumbers
yes yes yes.....will do - and i can search the internet too...!!!!:D

you know jean paul, this is one serious player - techwise that is.

it has the greates drive and loading thing....and its not just on big pcb - its seperat for each section so its very easy to rebuild and take apart too......
the box/chassis itself is very nice too - very big and timeless.

this model allways catches very high prices on ebay - now i know why......
well i haven't had time to listen to it yet, but i don't think the sound is special at all.....but this thing is heavy.

my plan is to use the box and drive - and then put new supplys in it, and a nos dac...tda1541a s1....etc.

any ideas is welcome....thanks:)

guido 9th November 2003 06:17 PM

Look for the decoder: SAA7345 or SAA7310. My guess would be the first one.

Guido

tbla 9th November 2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

SAA7310
this is the one.....

jean-paul 9th November 2003 08:43 PM

Quote:

you know jean paul, this is one serious player - techwise that is.

it has the greates drive and loading thing....and its not just on big pcb - its seperat for each section so its very easy to rebuild and take apart too......
the box/chassis itself is very nice too - very big and timeless.
I know the model, the problem is that I see a lot of fine CDM based cdplayers :clown: Only the very well sounding models stay in my mind :bigeyes:

guido 10th November 2003 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tbla

this is the one.....

That is easy then. Look for the web on data, think there is enough there.

After the decoder you will find the filter and then the DACs (with some logic between filter and DACS). Search here, there was a post on this. Filter,DACS and analog output circuits can go if you want to switch to nos.

Check if the 11MHz clock is connected to the filter at the moment.
If so, you need to connect a clock to the decoder instead (Kwak,Tent,$).

Guido