Considering an Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!

I'm considering an Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh between my Cambridge Audio 740CD transport & Wadia 171 iPod dock (with Apple Lossless 44.1) as data source into Bel Canto DAC2.5.

At present, I hear very little discernible difference between either source via the earphones output of Bel Canto DAC. If I had to chose with a gun to my head I'd say the slightest, teensiest of margins of less grain perhaps with CD transport. But there's very little in it, if at all.

There seems to be a consensus that EA Synchro-mesh is effective for Sonos/Squeezebox users, but what about decent Cd transports and docks? I'm wondering how effective, trying to contextualise the extent of the effect of the Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh might be in context of this set up?

Has anyone tested this specifically? A decent CD transport or Wadia iPod dock into with a EA Synchro-mesh into decent DAC care to sell me on this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.