Considering an Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2012, 01:25 AM   #1
TiMBoZ is offline TiMBoZ  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Considering an Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh

Hi there!

I'm considering an Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh between my Cambridge Audio 740CD transport & Wadia 171 iPod dock (with Apple Lossless 44.1) as data source into Bel Canto DAC2.5.

At present, I hear very little discernible difference between either source via the earphones output of Bel Canto DAC. If I had to chose with a gun to my head I'd say the slightest, teensiest of margins of less grain perhaps with CD transport. But there's very little in it, if at all.

There seems to be a consensus that EA Synchro-mesh is effective for Sonos/Squeezebox users, but what about decent Cd transports and docks? I'm wondering how effective, trying to contextualise the extent of the effect of the Empirical Audio Synchro-mesh might be in context of this set up?

Has anyone tested this specifically? A decent CD transport or Wadia iPod dock into with a EA Synchro-mesh into decent DAC care to sell me on this?

Hide this!Advertise here!