Anyone playing around with Audio Video Bridging (AVB)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As of this moment, don't get the NetGear GS716Tv2 or GS724Tv3 managed switch for AVB use. Using the newest available firmware of 5.4.1.10 along with the EAV license (GS716TAV-10000S), IEEE802.Q-2011 support is lacking. IOW, DOA and can't be used with the XMOS AVB dev boards in stock form.

Apparently, I'll have to back-down the XCORE firmware from v6 of the stream reservation protocol to v5. But I can't confirm this theory yet.

AVB in embryonic state

Hi dave,

Looking to follow AVB, could be a real deal coming up. The industry (Yamaha) is going with Dante for now, but that is a licensed solution like Ethersound. You may know that Focusrite has had a three year delay in releasing their Dante 'Red' line?!? Originally that could utilize a stock Ethernet port, but they changed to use a custom NIC later on. The latest Avid board is using an early version of AVB and has been shipping for a few months I believe. I know that Roland REAC will work with a stock Ethernet port, so technically it should be possible to run some AVB diy with a Raspberry Pi for grins. I'm interested in that for the HDMI too.

- prof james

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.