Simple clock mod for Marantz CD-94

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know some people have modified the clock on the CD-94 and there are some threads here that describe that but I can't justify something like £80 for the TriChord clock because I can build a really nice modern outboard DAC for that.

I wonder if there are any cheaper clock solutions, either pre-made or possibly some circuits that use the original crystal etc but improve it's performance with extra components on a new board and where I can inject the clock back to the same pins to keep it all relatively simple.

TIA

The cheapest way to improve the clock is to give it its own dedicated powersupply. I have done this on the 63 to good effect. You will need the circuit diagram for your player and trace the powersupply to the crystal. If it shares power with other parts of the system, then you can disconnect the clock from this and give the clock its own regulated supply.
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.