Akai Cd-55

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
ex-high end is slightly exxagerated... It was a reasonable cheap machine that was flawed with display errors. Nothing special.

IIRC it has a Pioneer digital filter PDxxxx and maybe PCM58 or AD1860. Laser was probably a KSS type. I have to admit I forgot most about them. That may have to do with the fact that I worked at Akai that time.... For me there is only one high end Akai and that's CD-93/73.

Why not open it and have a peek inside ?

Changing opamps won't hurt. Do a Search here for that as it has been discussed for at least a thousand times. If it has yellow unbranded electrolytics I would change them all as I know their quality is not very high ( they regularly failed even when they were new ).

trying to contact with Jean-Paul about akai cd93

I am a new member, so I am not able to send a mail to members, yet. I have a problem with my Akai cd 93 and the part I need is M50747-433SP, manufactured by Mitsubishi. As Mitsubishi does not support that part and Akai ltd co was closed down six yrs ago, I have in a desperate situation. well, I don't want to replace my Akai cd 93 with any other model, as it really gives outstanding performance and perfect sound.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: trying to contact with Jean-Paul about akai cd93

tuncay said:
I don't want to replace my Akai cd 93 with any other model, as it really gives outstanding performance and perfect sound.

Mechanically it is fine and wellbuilt indeed but soundwise it is not really special ( unmodded that is ). It needs a better clock and DAC desperately. I modded quite a few with the Elektor PCM1710 DAC which has its own clock distribution system ( öyle bir DAC hala var bende, isterseniz size gönderebilirim. M50747-433SP yok maalesef ).

I modded quite a few with the Elektor PCM1710 DAC which has its own clock distributio

Thank you for your quick reply, Jean-Paul. I know that CD 93 has an old fashioned DAC system, but maybe because of its fine electronics in the analog section improves sound quality substantially. Well, I like its full sound. I also have AKAÝ AM 73 Digital integrated amplifier, which enables me to use digital and optical outs of the CD 93.
As for the main subject, can the DAC system which has its own clock distributor you suggest to send be a replacement part for the one with M50747-433SP in? Because I am not able to use the Akai at the moment, at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.