Oppo's BDP105 - discussions, upgrading, mods...

@Coris

I encountered an USB DAC malfunction on mu Oppo 105d unit after an unexpected incident. I plugged my Asus laptop to wall socket, which was in contact with Oppo through USB A-B cable. Normally turned the power on on laptop and it booted in Win10. When I started music player, I noticed that there was no sound and recognition of OPPO USB 2.0 in Audio output list. As I later inspected, my external HDD was not recognized and was flashing strange, but it is ok, as I tried it on another PC. Well all 3 of 4 USB ports on my laptop where dead. Only mouse could work normal. Like amperage was fallen on all ports.
I than connected Oppo using other USB cable to the other computer Win 10 (supporting native USB 2.0 driver) with Oppo USB DAC input and it also did not recognized the unit or played the sound.
Coaxial and optical inputs on Oppo work prefect, but only USB DAC input do not work.
I suspect that the USB DAC Xmos board is fried due to an electrical shock from pluging laptop to a wall AC socket that end up killing 3 USB ports on it and spreading the killing impulse to Oppo`s USB DAC input board.

Is it by any chance possible to order and buy that part (USB DAC XMOS board) from somewhere? There is no official Oppo service or Oppo diller in Serbia, and I do not want to send the unit abroad for service. Instead I would like to do the repair here in Serbia, with obtained part by simply changing the whole USB XMOS board, if that would be the case of defect in my case.
What is your opinion in this matter and what should I do to fix this USB malfunction.

oppo_bdp105_usbdac_board.jpg

No luck in Europe :oops:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<repairs_uk@oppodigital.co.uk>
(reason: 550-The mail server could not deliver mail to repairs_uk@oppodigital.co.uk. )
<repairs_eu@oppodigital.co.uk>
(reason: 550-The mail server could not deliver mail to repairs_eu@oppodigital.co.uk. )

I've got response from (service@oppodigital.com) who gave me the path to those "fatal errors" Europeans service emails. They said that they have the part that I need but it comes with no insurance of shipment damage and bigger postal costs ... so it is advisable for me to try to find some authorized Oppo service in Europe for this order.

I would be very grateful if someone have hade contact with some European Oppo Digital service recently or knows any other option available to provide me with this part of USB DAC XMOS board.

USB XMOS bdp105D EU.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Wrong understanding. You do have luck. "They" have the part but it come with no insurance etc. so just ask it they can pack it very well and then it is up to you if the total costs are acceptable. If they are above 30% of the costs of a new device then don't repair.

If they can promise to pack it well I would not hesitate. Have done this many times with Chinese manufacturers. Largest showstopper are EU customs officers.

They should also be able to give you the European points of service that do have working email. Don't give up so fast, just send another email. I do such stuff AND reply to other persons issues so it I possible.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Sorry for my delayed jumping in here for an replay. If the price for the USB board it seems enough convenient to you, then you should accept any opportunity in getting an replacement for this board. Indeed, it seems the USB interface it was damaged somehow. This interface is not especially protected and it is quite fragile. The replacement board it should be exactly the same, as the interface with the Oppo main board is particular only to this model. If you have not found yet an solution in the mean time, then you can try this option (former Oppo service agreed centre for EU): oppodigital@heimkinoklohs.de Maybe they could help you.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, the audio board (DAC + analogue outputs) it can be disconnected. The digital section it works further properly. Disconnect both the flat cable (connection to main board) and the power coming from toroidal transformer. The analogue board it can be removed completely from chassis to improve cooling for main processor.

Yep this is true in euroope only german service can help you but you have to be patient waiting time for response is long, or ru service igor@digitalfruits.ru.

Disconnecting audio boards and power supply in 105D should be safe? i dont use analong connection so I think about disconnecting, temps will be better :)

Igor is a top man. He answered me within 1 hour. Already in the first answer, I received a picture of a USB XMOS card on an antistatic package that he received from an Oppo authorized service in Moscow. Igor talked to the service to send me a card for Belgrade, with of course my acceptance of responsibility for personal installation and replacement. I am currently making arrangements with the service to send it.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-11 at 12.05.03.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Finally, the spare part arrived from the Moscow Service. After many attempts to get the part mailed to me and not being able to do it, I arranged for someone to fly from Moscow to Belgrade. Fortunately, I only needed one day for that organization, but after two months of trying in vain through various mails.
Finaly... Me happy... 🥳

USB DAC 2.0.jpg

IMG20231109213945_copy_867x1156.jpg

1702155654-IMG20231109213750_copy_1156x867.jpg

Thanks to all who assisted in this quest.