Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2013, 12:23 AM   #291
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Joe Rasmussen
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenelectro View Post
On one hand Joe is promoting...
I hope you are not suggesting I am here for that reason.

This thread is about the Oppo 105 - I was the first to show how to connect the clock input on the 105 fitted Mediatek chip. On the 95 thread I did likewise. Anybody can connect the clock of their choice to that point and I haven't dictated anything in that regard. Ask Coris, who was initially sceptic that an additional clock there would make a difference. He confirmed it did. In fact, my clients are nowhere near this or earlier thread. So the DIY side of my conscience is pretty clear.

I think I have done as much as anybody to contribute to those two threads. It has not been to gain something financially. Because it hasn't.

Re SAWs, I am as curious as anybody else is. I only tried it on a whim because a PDF brochure (aimed at the military) expounded the word "stability" over and over again - and that they made them in the 100MHz range and I thought "Sabre" and there they were in stock at Farnell. Be a dummy if I did not try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenelectro View Post
... power supplies that have super low LF noise and very good 'stability' , but then we have a clock which is poor in this area of performance. From a purely technical perspective it is hard to join the dots so to speak.
I am not too frustrated when I listen to the music this thing produces. Then I can compartmentalise the technical side, and understand there is a conundrum. Maybe there IS something to solve? I have no idea why doing incredible, and yes, even ridiculously low frequency filtering has the sonic effect that now hundreds of people have heard - they can't all be wrong. Even Allen said he had no idea why this worked. But then again, why/how does the like of Dustin Foreman able to prove he can hear certain anomalous sigma-delta effects that are even lower (I believe) in level than these jitter/phase noise effects. I gather he can do this blind. Have you heard that too?

Also I am still leaning towards some kind of PSRR effect.

What do you think of Bybees?

Believe me, you are not the only one able to be a sceptic. Quantum mechanics? Is that just a way to explain that which is unexplainable? I don't have an opinion... yet.

Cheers, Joe

Last edited by Joe Rasmussen; 2nd February 2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 2nd February 2013, 07:30 AM   #292
Coris is offline Coris  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rasmussen View Post

.................................................. .................................................. ..

This thread is about the Oppo 105 - I was the first to show how to connect the clock input on the 105 fitted Mediatek chip.

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Cheers, Joe
Yes, you were the first doing that... Because I did not have the time to look at that before you...
Old 4th February 2013, 08:01 AM   #293
diyAudio Member

I have just ordered:

100 XG-1000CA 54MHz CC

And 50 XG-1000CA 100MHz CC

So I have put my money where my... whatever, is.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:05 AM   #294
diyAudio Member

Do you have some details/contact person/mail address there? Or you may want forward an order in the earlier specified conditions/price?
I`m interest in 50 x XG-1000CA 54MHz CC.
Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 11:12 AM   #295
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coris View Post
Do you have some details/contact person/mail address there? Or you may want forward an order in the earlier specified conditions/price?
I`m interest in 50 x XG-1000CA 54MHz CC.
Thanks
Contact Anne Chin (Ms), for good measure mention my name, annecsy@megagoal.com

If you add your order, this will likely expedite them making the batch.

Please let me know when you have placed order. She asked me, when we spoke first time on the phone, whether I used Paypal, which of course I do. So that method of payment will be OK with them.

Copy and Paste:

Anne Chin (Ms.)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <>
Manager | Megagoal Pte Ltd l Technical Support - Field Application
Tel +65 6289 6007 l Fax +65 6289 6010 l Mobile +65 9749 9306
Email: annecsy@megagoal.com
33 Ubi Avenue 3 #07-21 Vertex Tower B Singapore 408868

Cheers, Joe
Old 4th February 2013, 11:38 AM   #296
diyAudio Member

OK! I contacted her. Waiting for replay...
Old 7th February 2013, 12:50 PM   #297
diyAudio Member

I think there is a little error about the oscillator to be ordered. It may be this type: Epson XG-1000CA 54MHz CB
I see in the data sheet that this one have 50ppm, while CC is specified for 100ppm
I`m not very sure if will be possible to change the placed order... I will try. Maybe you want too contact the company to precise this detail.
Old 8th February 2013, 05:02 AM   #298
diyAudio Member

I am not worried too much about that - this is simply drift over a long period of time. In the past we have used both 50ppm and 100ppm versions of oscillators and the only difference has been cost.

I have just send them USD $435 PayPal payment, includes registered post, so hopefully they will expedite it.

Cheers, Joe
Old 8th February 2013, 09:07 AM   #299
diyAudio Member

Ordered CB type. Bad price... 3,6$ They took my order for 50 and will produce only this batch... Interesting and nice!
It seems that will come in the summer...
But anyway...

Last edited by Coris; 8th February 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 18th February 2013, 09:35 AM   #300
mvc is offline mvc  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Output coupling caps

Has anybody found a good replacement for the output caps yet? Are they actually biased? I don't want to remove them, really. Bypassing would be an option, with a good film cap. Or a complete replacement, but space is very limited. Any thoughts?

Hide this!Advertise here!