squeezebox or pc and why ? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2013, 07:27 PM   #31
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Studiostevus,

Thanks for reference, I found many links and begin to read it : audiocircle, etc. I didn't know that people tweaked their sb to I2S transport. I have to cure my parkinson before soldering at thr 3 Resistors.

Hi Souncheck,

Yes I understand that, it was just a vs based on hearing only but with the same streamer an a not very good chinese DAC with Ad1865 with the solidstate amp.

I confirm a lack of power with the DDX and it's an important information if you need it with some speakers. What are yours speakers even if they are DIY, which sensibility ?

Thank you for sharing your work, I will try again after applying your tweakings.

I think i have first as you say improve my sb as StudioStevus maid, I have an another sb for a second system so i have the possibility to have a reference to listen with DDX 320 V2.

It makes sense to benchmark two different technologies if the goal is the same : here quality Sound. Like Turnable vs CD player.

Here the question seems now to be with DDX 320 v2 : streamer via spdif with this FDA (power DAC) or I2S via this streamer to a DAC with analog output and solid state amp. I read too posts from people who makes an amp just after the DAC not a simple low level 2 V output.

IMO, i have no prove for the best system (i don't talk about a benchmark based on the price) as for example i have no clear answer for the best way to make an I/V and output from a I Dac chip(just understand that the aop is behind even the ad844 vs tube and dicrete but no idea before tubes vs discrete vs hybrid : tube+aop+discrete+transformer...).

That ' why I agree with you when you take the price factor on your blog, but are you sure that your quest is over as a listener if you heard very good DAC with a goog solidstate like a ncore (Bruno P will say that it is not digital, but i talk about it because it's high efficienty amp... after all i'm not an electronic tech and my hears are the last link...and of course my purse !).

Is it possible to have an imput Chip in I2S with an FDA ?

Cheers

Last edited by Eldam; 17th January 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 18th January 2013, 01:07 AM   #32
Eldam is offline Eldam  France
diyAudio Member

Hi Guy,

I hope that you have some ideas, what solution has your favor ? Going to an affordable streamer, a pc with usb to spidf, expensive streamer, sold your amp to go to branded PowerDAC like Wadia, Nad, Sony, Pioneer or DIY one ? Or goback to a good CD player or turnable (i have a rega 3 & love to use it sometimes) ? Tell us.

Hi again SoundCheck,

According to you, is there some things to do with the TCXO of the DDX 320 for improving the clock of the Squeezebox, or maybe a super clock for the two devices ? Sorry if the question is stupid cause i'm not electronician, I just can solder and take voltage !

You talk about tolinsk between the 2 devices, why Tolinsk (I've heard than the chips for toslink transport add distorsion in relation to spdif) ?

In my different systems DDX is tirering in high medium-treble, did you hear that and are blackgates give a bettet listen here... I thought myself trying neutral Elna Tonorex or softer Cerafine... Thanks for the tips of breaking period.

Did you try Sonicbattery with a regulator for supply your SB ?

cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!