Simple EQ utillity for digital output at USB? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2012, 07:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Simple EQ utillity for digital output at USB?

Winxppro 32 bit.

Is it possible to EQ the digital audio signal PRIOR to output at the USB jacks?
The device (LPFM xmitter) I'm using plugged into my USB output has no EQ and no available software to manage it from its own end.

I share this gentleman's astonishment and frustration that there is no utility available to provide some control over USB audio.
How to provide EQ for my laptop with a USB DAC

Do most (all?) of the users here EQ via external DAC equipment and the utilities that control them?

Can someone please clarify the elementary question here? Is it even possible to accomplish this? I"d strongly prefer a standalone EQ for my purposes. I'd rather not employ a full suite like winamp for this. I'm not even sure at this point if winamp would accomplish this.

Ive Googled for an hour now and been unable to find an answer to this. Many questions, identical to mine, come from the gaming community from headset users looking for a little EQ for their headsets. The answers are always "Get X brand of headsets.... they ROCK!!!!" Or worse "just use the equalizer built in to winxp/vista/7 etc". Seem no one is clear on this. I am amazed at the number of computer 'nerds' out there who misapprehend the the distinction between the DAC headphone output on their machines "controlled by that "built in equalizer" and the digital only output of their USB jacks.
Old 15th October 2012, 03:06 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

C'mon, somebody throw me a bone here. I've posted at three forums now with combined "views" of almost 350. Zero replies. Is this really such an esoteric question?

Is EQ'ing the digital signal before it reaches the USB ports is not technically possible?
Isn't this a question that someone with a modicum (I don't) of computer knowledge can answer quite easily?
Old 15th October 2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is it possible to EQ the digital audio signal PRIOR to output at the USB jacks?
Itīs possible..

I use J River Media center,I donīt use EQ,but itīs possible to use it.
Old 15th October 2012, 06:53 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Itīs possible..

I use J River Media center,I donīt use EQ,but itīs possible to use it.
Are you USB connected from you laptop/computer? Or are you using the headphone jack?

All the Media players I've looked into so far have controls only associated with the sound card. The digital audio to the USB ports is unaffected by those controls.
Old 15th October 2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Ryssen is offline Ryssen  Sweden
diyAudio Member

USB to Hiface EVO
Just tried the EQ to be sure.
It works.

Hide this!Advertise here!