CDM1 transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
simonov said:

Could you be more specific, please ?

Whether you retain the original case or build a new case, it will be much easier to use the 16 bit chipset as the basis of a transport or add a different dac chip. The SAA70x0 chipset has no I2S or SPDIF support and while it is easy to add the TDA1541 or mono multibit dacs, adding an I2S or SPDIF output for transport purposes takes more effort.

Hi diy-ers,

I have a Marantz CD-74 and recently it has some problems with reading CDs, especially around the end of the disc. It has difficulty in playing burned CDs, too. I would like to bring it in better condition, but I do not want to turn the variable resistors blindly. Anybody has an idea where I can find a service manual for the CDM-1 (I think Mk I) transport?

Thanks,

Laszlo

oshifis said:
Hi diy-ers,

I have a Marantz CD-74 and recently it has some problems with reading CDs, especially around the end of the disc. It has difficulty in playing burned CDs, too. I would like to bring it in better condition, but I do not want to turn the variable resistors blindly. Anybody has an idea where I can find a service manual for the CDM-1 (I think Mk I) transport?

Thanks,

Laszlo

Hi!

U can get it here.

http://service-manuals.webs.io/Philips.html#

Instruction is in dutch. Cheers!

& have service manual for Marantz cd 84 .& have Marantz 74 and schematics is the same except cdm-1. It is more like Revox 225. But adjustment instruction is the same and no problem find small differences.Write Your email and & send You sevice manual.
& think Your problem is with engine (needs open and clean ) or rolling ball on the disk (too much or less pressure to disk).

Hi dariusku,

Thanks, but I also have the service manual of CD-74/84. Since I had two of this units, I removed the CDM-1 from the unmodified unit that was waiting for her fate in the cupboard, and built into the other, heavily modified unit that I listen to regularly. Now I have a working CD-84 that can play burned CDs (and TDA1541A inside)!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.