NAD C-521 schematics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I think you have to buy a CD from NAD with the schematics on them. There is a page on the web about modding the c521i, but it's not been updated in a while.

The player looks pretty well built, but the two things I would like to do is replace the NE5532 opamps and drop the muting transistors. They should not be a problem to identify - there are only 4 transistors in that line but I didn't have time to do a circuit trace. I will be doing it once the player arrives from my previous location.

The other mod I can think of is to clean up the supply by adding more transformers. currently there is only one. Some damping will not hurt either. Plus I added spikes. Seemed to marginally improve the sound. You will need good cable, the stock cable is decent but can be improved. I home-made my cable and am pretty happy with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.