VT1728A USB audio controller - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd October 2012, 09:09 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default VT1728A USB audio controller

I got 100 pcs of VT1728A (VIA Vinyl EnvyUSB 2.0 8-Channel Audio Controller - VT1728A - VIA Technologies, Inc.) and considering a good project for it.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:40 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Any chance you might sell a pair? Also, have you got the datasheet? Because google with searching VT1728A filetypedf offers only one result with some motherboards in Japanese.
Cheers, Vic.
Old 3rd October 2012, 10:48 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
That data page is confusing - its USB full-speed (12Mbits) but also has USB high-speed (480Mbits) PHY on board and supports sample rates up to 192k. How to reconcile those two conflicting aspects as USB full-speed only supports up to 96k and two channels in my understanding?
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:09 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
Any chance you might sell a pair? Also, have you got the datasheet? Because google with searching VT1728A filetypedf offers only one result with some motherboards in Japanese.
Cheers, Vic.
The data sheet is under NDA. Selling the part alone violates the purchasing terms. I am going to build small qty test boards for hardware/firmware testing. The board has nothing more than essential components such as USB socket, a 6 MHz crystal, serial flash and pin headers. It can be available to forum members.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
That data page is confusing - its USB full-speed (12Mbits) but also has USB high-speed (480Mbits) PHY on board and supports sample rates up to 192k. How to reconcile those two conflicting aspects as USB full-speed only supports up to 96k and two channels in my understanding?
I am also asking the supplier about this. Do I need audio class 2.0 driver for 24-bit, 192 k and multichannel streaming?
Old 4th October 2012, 01:13 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
As far as I'm aware, yes you do need a UAC2.0 driver, and it'll be proprietary which means $$$.
Old 4th October 2012, 03:33 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Mac OS is an exception.
Old 18th October 2012, 10:28 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

The test board PCB is back.
Attached Images
File Type: png VT1728A_TestBoard.png (489.0 KB, 140 views)
Old 26th February 2013, 10:57 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 3gigahertz
Hello Panson, did you finish this board?

Hide this!Advertise here!