Minidisc MZ-R90 to mp3?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Sony MZ-R90 minidisc recorder with which I made a number of soundboard recordings say 10 years ago. SQ is fine on earbuds, but I am wondering about a good way to inexpensively transfer to mp3/mp4/lossless...something!

Would prefer to just use lineout to USB or mic line on standard laptop gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, any if anyone is interested, I've got Warren Haynes, Ratdog, Jon Scofield, and David Grisman live soundboard from Gathering of the Vibes 2000 on these discs. So, if that's our style, I can certainly send the files your way when I get them done!

I guess the MZ-R90 has an optical digital output? If it has, then you could simply clone the recordings in real time using an optical connection to an external sound card, USB connected to a pc. Use the free s/w 'Audacity' to do the recording.

Later portable MiniDisc recorders had a USB connection, and there's s/w out there to perform ATRAC to WAV or ATRAC to MP3. Just do a google search.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.