Theta Miles - HELP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Theta Miles stopped working. The CDP behaves like there is no disc. The unit powers up, display comes ON, all function buttons on the panel seem working, there is response on the display when I push buttons. After pushing play button, the main drive motor won't spin but I can see the laser diode lit and trying to focus for a while. I checked all voltages, all power supplies are just fine. I measured all voltages directly on PCB on decoder, servo and control chip, all is OK. There was no voltage coming out of decoder chip from pin # 2 and 3, that controls the spindle motor, so I changed the chip thinking the decoder was KO, but it didn't help. Now, is the servo control chip or the laser pickup with laser amplifier kaput? What else could it be? The thing is that I can not even check the signals with scope because it doesn't output anything since it doesn't work.:mad:
Theta Miles is based on Pioneer stable platter mechanism with Pioneer control PCB from PD-S505 model. Schematic attached.
Any help appreciated.

The lens is indeed in place. The lens element is moving trying to focus but the motor won't turn. I don't know the sequence on "play on" mode. Actually how does it work? Is the decoder processor waiting for valid data coming from servo control and then sends the command to motor drive, or should the motor drive start spinning on "play command" and if no data received it will automatically stop.??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.