mains ps for DDDAC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i must correct myself- i have listened my dac with batteries yesterday again.
let's say it like this- it is better to have power supply without batteries (IN MY DAC), but the quality of the power supply is essential- it must be GOOD.
the sound in my dac seemed to be more alive, more attack, more everything. For now I will listen without batteries:D

Re: May I threadjack a little?

Bas Horneman said:
a.) Does anyone think that adding a "stopper" resistor of 22R in pin 1 BCK,2 WS, 3 DATA of the TDA1543 would improve the sound...(Read this in a newsgroup somewhere, with a specific reference to Doede's DAC)

b.) 47R stopper in the CP(10) the oscillator coming from the TENT clock be a good idea?

Cheers,
Bas
Hi Bas,
The 22 Ohm resistors form together with the straycapacitance of the input a low pass filter. It rounds off the square wave a little. I did not hear any difference but some swear by it.
The 47 Ohm resistor in the Tent or KWAK-CLOCK is more meant as backtermnination of the cable to the CDP-electronics. In my Sony it sounded a little better with the resistor implemented but in my 45 MHz clock I leave it out. A short connection is the best you can do.
Just try the resistors to see if it makes any difference in your system. The TDA1543 accepts TTL logic levels and my impression is that it is fairly tolerant.
:cool:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Psu...

Hi!
I have tried the DDDac on single 12V regulated PSU(3A), and found it better with 3 x 12V (pre) regulated.
By accident, I killed a regulator, so I tried a separate 9V trafo, bridge and 10 000uF for the DAC-supply(=12,5V); even better!

Arne K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.